- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
PGA Tour’s season opener delayed again
Question of the Day
KAPALUA, HAWAII (AP) - For those who think the PGA Tour season never ends, here’s a new twist: This one can’t get started.
For the second straight day, the Tournament of Champions was postponed Saturday because of gusts topping 40 mph that made it impossible to play. Some holes on the back nine are so exposed that when officials dropped a golf ball on the green, it actually rolled up uphill.
The tournament was supposed to begin Friday. The plan is to play 36 holes Sunday and get in 54 holes by Monday afternoon, making it likely that the Tournament of Champions will be decided over 54 holes for the first time since 1997 when it was at La Costa.
Unlike Friday, when 24 players at least teed off, no one hit a shot on the Plantation Course on Saturday.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world