- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
‘Smash’ musical getting cast album
Question of the Day
PASADENA, CALIF. (AP) - The Broadway show within a show on NBC's "Smash" is getting its own cast album.
NBC and Columbia Records said Sunday that a 22-song cast album for "Bombshell," the mythical Broadway play at the center of the television show "Smash," will be released on Feb. 12. Katherine McPhee, Megan Hilty and other "Smash" cast members perform the songs on the disc. NBC premieres the drama's second season a week before the album comes out.
Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said they'd often talked about launching "Bombshell" as an actual Broadway show but haven't taken any steps to make that a reality. Zadan said he believed the cast recording for "Bombshell" could stand up with the music on any current Broadway show.
The soundtrack has music from both seasons.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq