- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
‘Smash’ musical getting cast album
Question of the Day
PASADENA, CALIF. (AP) - The Broadway show within a show on NBC's "Smash" is getting its own cast album.
NBC and Columbia Records said Sunday that a 22-song cast album for "Bombshell," the mythical Broadway play at the center of the television show "Smash," will be released on Feb. 12. Katherine McPhee, Megan Hilty and other "Smash" cast members perform the songs on the disc. NBC premieres the drama's second season a week before the album comes out.
Producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said they'd often talked about launching "Bombshell" as an actual Broadway show but haven't taken any steps to make that a reality. Zadan said he believed the cast recording for "Bombshell" could stand up with the music on any current Broadway show.
The soundtrack has music from both seasons.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq