- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Taking Names: Adele’s ‘21’ best-selling album for second year
Question of the Day
Mr. Lucas has three children: Amanda, Katie and Jett. He was previously married to film editor Marcia Lucas from 1969 to 1983.
Boyz II Men to begin new show in Vegas
The R&B group Boyz II Men is headed to Las Vegas.
The 1990s slow-jammers announced a headlining residency Thursday. They will perform weekend shows at the Terry Fator Theatre at the Mirage starting March 1.
Organizers say the show will feature the band’s biggest hits, including the 1991 smash “Motownphilly,” as well as some surprises, The Associated Press reports.
Boyz II Men has won four Grammys and claims the title of most successful male R&B group in history.
The trio is best known for its ballads and a cappella stylings, and for the slow jams “I’ll Make Love To You” and “One Sweet Day.”
They will perform 78 weekend shows through the end of the year. Tickets are on sale now starting at $40.
Frank Ocean facing marijuana charge
Grammy-nominated R&B singer Frank Ocean is facing a marijuana possession charge after police say he was pulled over on New Year’s Eve in California’s Eastern Sierra Nevada for driving more than 90 mph in a 65 mph zone.
The Mono County Sheriff’s Department said officers stopped Mr. Ocean’s black BMW at about 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31 as he was heading southbound on U.S. 395, according to The Associated Press.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jennifer Hansen said a strong odor of marijuana wafted out as a deputy approached the vehicle.
Ms. Hansen said the deputy found a small bag of marijuana on the 25-year-old Mr. Ocean, whose legal name is Christopher Breaux.
She said the Beverly Hills resident was cited for marijuana possession and released.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow