- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: To liberals, killing is only OK in the womb
Question of the Day
Liberals would have us all believe that the right to have guns leads to killings, such as the terrible massacre of little children last month in Newtown, Conn. What these people fail to see is that something they avidly support, abortion, has a great deal to do with the nationwide disrespect for life.
Mother Teresa said, "And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, then how can we tell other people not to kill one another?" That's a great question, isn't it? How can our nation allow innocent babies to be killed in what is supposed to be the safest place on Earth -- the womb -- and then turn around and lecture citizens on gun control?
In a way, supporters of abortion -- such as President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi -- are culpable in today's culture of disrespect.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war