- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
Md. Gov. O’Malley sees death penalty ban within reach
He also sees transportation, gun control as priorities
Question of the Day
Mr. O'Malley did not embrace the concept of taking a regional approach to paying for transportation infrastructure.
Lawmakers also are expected to grapple with gun-control legislation this year in response to last month’s massacre of 20 children and six adults at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school.
“We will debate protecting our children from the insanity of the sort of carnage we saw in Connecticut,” Mr. O’Malley told a room full of the state’s leading Democrats during their annual luncheon.
House Speaker Michael E. Busch, Anne Arundel Democrat, said the focus on preventing an event like the one that happened in Newtown will be on multiple fronts, including a review of the state’s gun laws. He also said lawmakers will focus on mental health facilities and school safety.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world