- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
N.Y., Connecticut governors seek more gun laws
Second Amendment backers assail ‘politicizing’ of fire, school shootings
Question of the Day
That resistance can also be found in New York and Connecticut, ensuring that the governors of those states that, despite the recent shootings, that passing gun controls will still require a fight.
“The governor and others are politicizing the tragedy in Newtown to advance their anti-Second Amendment agenda. We need to take a real look at school safety and our state’s mental health services, not declare war on the Second Amendment,” said New York Assemblyman Kieran Michael Lalor, a Marine and former candidate for U.S. Congress. “The governor’s proposals are not about making kids safe. They are about a political agenda.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Obama to Republicans: 'Stop just hatin' all the time'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- EPA hears testimony on proposed carbon emissions rules
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors