- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rough commute: Ferry slams dock, injures about 30 to 50
Question of the Day
As many as 50 commuters from New Jersey were injured — at least one critically — when a ferry slammed into a dock near Wall Street in lower Manhattan.
The Seastreak ferry from suburban Atlantic Highlands, N.J. rammed into the dock at Pier 11 around 8:45 a.m., with one side of the catamaran's hull ripped open, the Associated Press reported.
One passenger is in critical condition, multiple news outlets reported. News cameras captured emergency personnel swarming the terminal, assessing injuries to 30 to 50 people.
The dock is located where the East River meets New York Harbor — right next to the helipad used by President Obama and other VIPs arriving by helicopter in Manhattan.
It's proximity to Wall Street makes the Seastreak a popular commuting options from bucolic Atlantic Highlands. The ferry runs year-round, and costs $26 one-way for the 45 minute trip.
Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- 2 soldiers shot at Navy base in Tenn.; recruiter in custody
- Lee Rigby, 25, identified as British soldier killed in London machete attack
- Rough commute: Ferry slams dock, injures about 30 to 50
- White House hits Redskins coach Mike Shanahan for playing injured RG3
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors