- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Paula Deen cookbooks surge to top spots on Amazon best sellers
Paula Deen’s new cookbook, Paula Deen’s New Testament, has surged to take the top spot on Amazon’s best sellers list, nearly one week after the embattled celebrity chef issued a public apology for using racial slurs over 20 years ago.
The book charted in the 1,500s on Monday and by Wednesday it was at No. 18, the Hollywood Reporter said. The cookbook claimed the No. 1 spot by Thursday afternoon just hours after Target, Home Depot and diabetes drug maker Novo Nordisk announced they were severing professional ties with Miss Deen.
The chef’s Southern Cooking Bible, published in 2011, also beat out Dan Brown, Stephen King and Game of Thrones writer George R.R. Martin at the No. 2 spot on the best-sellers list.
It was reported Wednesday that Caesars will also be terminating its professional relationship with Miss Deen, closing her eateries in all four Caesars-owned casinos. Wal-Mart and Smithfield Foods have also revealed they’re severing ties.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mt. Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.