- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Drivers, start your videos
AVONDALE, ARIZ. (AP) - Drivers, start your videos.
Digging down to stock-car racing at the grassroots level, Michael Waltrip Racing and Peak Motor Oil and Antifreeze are collaborating in a promotion that will give one driver an audition drive in a sanctioned event.
The Peak Stock Car Dream Challenge will take video auditions online and pick 10 drivers who will go through a three-day race program with Waltrip, Clint Bowyer and Danica Patrick.
One winner from the driving school will be fast tracked through the process to earn a racing license and potentially drive in a sanctioned race.
The PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge is a really big deal for all the men and women across the country who feel they could be professional race car drivers if they were just given a chance, said Waltrip, a two-time Daytona 500 champion.
Drivers have until May 31 to submit their videos to PeakStockCarDream.com.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.