- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Rand Paul filibuster is music to many ears; senator raises profile for 2016
“But on the other hand, I think he would respect the fact that Sen. Paul got a response from the administration on the key question of whether or not drones could be used against American citizens on American soil. And I think it’s OK to have a disagreement.”
Conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham, appearing on “Fox News Sunday,” said, “I think Rand Paul not only sent a message to the country, but solidified himself in a 2016 run for the presidency that will shake up his party, as it deserves to be shaken up.”
One Democrat — Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon —- joined the Paul filibuster on the floor of the Senate, but since then, progressives and Democrats have joined in the praise for the Paul filibuster.
Democratic consultant Donna Brazile, appearing on CNN, said Sunday that Democrats had raised valid questions about the drone policy, “but Rand Paul, to his credit, went to the Senate well and spent 13 hours driving home this big issue.”
Mo Ellerbee, a former press secretary for Hillary Rodham Clinton and current faculty member at Georgetown University’s Public Policy Institute, wrote on CNN on Friday that Time magazine needs to rewrite its recent cover story “The Republican Savior: How Marco Rubio became the new voice of the GOP.”
“Only time will tell if the junior senator from Florida lives up to that billing, and it’s entirely possible that Time will be proven wrong,” he wrote. “But there’s one cover that the magazine could run now and be entirely confident in: “The Republican Messenger: How Rand Paul became the real voice of the GOP.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Eldridge joined The Washington Times in 1999 and over the next seven years helped lead the paper’s coverage of regional politics and government, Sept. 11, and the sniper attacks of 2002. In 2006, he was named managing editor of the paper’s website. He came to The Times from the Telegraph in North Platte, Neb., where he served as executive ...
- Silver: GOP has 60% chance to retake Senate
- Country Times: As all-timers go, Cash remains The Man (In Black)
- COUNTRY TIMES: Is Taylor's relationship with Nashville coming to a Swift end?
- COUNTRY TIMES: Nashville's collaboration with Doobie Brothers a natural partnership
- COUNTRY TIMES: Dierks Bentley is here to save country music
Latest Blog Entries
- Mainers would rather move to Canada than down South
- McCain: 'Stand your ground' laws may need review
- Sen. Tom Coburn: Holder investigating himself is a 'total conflict of interest'
- CNN poll: IRS, AP and Benghazi haven't dinged Obama's approval rating
- Slain diplomat's mom on Obama's Benghazi comments: 'Bullfeathers'
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.