- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
SGT. SHAFT: Medicare cannot be billed for VA health care, except in certain referrals
Question of the Day
• Kudos to the Gold Star Wives of America, for the organization is being recognized this year on April 5 on Gold Star Wives Day.
This nonprofit organization provides a unique service to its members not available from any other organization. For more than 68 years, Gold Star Wives has been dedicated to securing the health and welfare of its members and their children by appearing before House and Senate committees to speak about issues related to the improvement of benefits in education, medical care and other military survivor programs.
Through the years, Gold Star Wives have spearheaded increased dependency and indemnity compensation (DIC) retention after age 55 if remarried, elimination of the DIC offset to the survivors benefit program (SBP) and improved health and pharmacy benefits.
• Send letters to Sgt. Shaft, c/o John Fales, P.O. Box 65900, Washington, D.C. 20035-5900; fax 301/622-3330, call 202/257-5446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- SGT. SHAFT: Veteran's widow seeks information regarding husband's benefits
- SGT. SHAFT: Divorced veteran seeks help getting full retirement benefits back
- SGT. SHAFT: Veteran's wife seeks help for husband with multiple sclerosis
- SGT. SHAFT: Veteran's spouse will be able to continue on TRICARE Prime until age 65
- SGT. SHAFT: Veteran's medical claim held up at VA
TWT Video Picks
Gun rights apply to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq