Person of interest in D.C. drive-by shooting turns himself in
D.C. police said Friday that that one of the two 19-year-old men sought in connection with a drive-by shooting that injured 13 people this week had turned himself in.
Craig Steven Wilson of Southeast, turned himself in to DCs CSOSA office and police said he will be charged with assault with intent to kill.
Police chief Cathy L. Lanier disclosed few details about the shooting as another “person of interest” remains at large.
“We still have another person that we are seeking to speak to,” Chief Lanier said, referencing the second man, Andrew Davon Allen. “We are still trying to encourage that person to come in and talk to us so I am very limited in what I can say.”
Surveillance video captured the early Monday shooting, which occurred around 2:10 a.m. outside Tyler House, a 284-unit affordable housing complex at the corner of the busy intersection of New York Avenue and North Capitol Street.
Two dark colored vehicles are seen driving past the complex, with someone firing shots out of the first of the two cars. As the first car passes and the shots are fired, a crowd gathered near the front entrance of Tyler House tries to flee inside the doorway or duck and run. Six of the 13 victims were women and the youngest was a 17-year-old male, according to a police report.
Police have now recovered both cars shown in a surveillance video that captured the drive-by shooting. The vehicle that officials put out a lookout on earlier this week was recovered in Southeast on Friday. Police would not say where the second car was recovered or how the two men were related to the vehicles.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.