- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Obama campaign releases top fundraisers; Will Smith, Gov. O’Malley make list
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s top fundraisers brought in at least $186 million for the president’s re-election campaign.
Obama’s campaign released a list of 770 top donors on Saturday who brought in between $186.6 million and $268 million. The president’s re-election campaign raised nearly $1 billion to defeat Republican Mitt Romney.
Nearly 250 campaign bundlers each raised at least $500,000 for the president. Those donors included actors Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Eva Longoria, Wendell Pierce and film producer Harvey Weinstein.
Other top donors included musician Gwen Stefani, fashion editor Anna Wintour, Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again