- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Obama campaign releases top fundraisers; Will Smith, Gov. O’Malley make list
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s top fundraisers brought in at least $186 million for the president’s re-election campaign.
Obama’s campaign released a list of 770 top donors on Saturday who brought in between $186.6 million and $268 million. The president’s re-election campaign raised nearly $1 billion to defeat Republican Mitt Romney.
Nearly 250 campaign bundlers each raised at least $500,000 for the president. Those donors included actors Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Eva Longoria, Wendell Pierce and film producer Harvey Weinstein.
Other top donors included musician Gwen Stefani, fashion editor Anna Wintour, Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.