- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Redskins’ Rob Jackson suspended 4 games by NFL
Redskins reserve outside linebacker Rob Jackson is facing a four-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance, two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed Wednesday.
The substance for which Jackson tested positive was a component of an unprescribed pain medication, one person said. Jackson's appeal of the suspension is ongoing, according to the other source.
Jackson recently re-signed a one-year deal with the Redskins. The team and player were aware of the league's discipline before Jackson re-signed, according to multiple sources.
Jackson, 27, started 14 games last season after first-string outside linebacker Brian Orakpo suffered a season-ending torn left pectoral muscle. He improved in all areas, particularly in run defense, as he amassed playing experience.
He had 4.5 sacks and four interceptions, including a fourth-quarter interception of Dallas quarterback Tony Romo that helped the Redskins clinch the NFC East division championship in the season finale.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!