- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Redskins’ Rob Jackson suspended 4 games by NFL
Question of the Day
Redskins reserve outside linebacker Rob Jackson is facing a four-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance, two people with knowledge of the situation confirmed Wednesday.
The substance for which Jackson tested positive was a component of an unprescribed pain medication, one person said. Jackson's appeal of the suspension is ongoing, according to the other source.
Jackson recently re-signed a one-year deal with the Redskins. The team and player were aware of the league's discipline before Jackson re-signed, according to multiple sources.
Jackson, 27, started 14 games last season after first-string outside linebacker Brian Orakpo suffered a season-ending torn left pectoral muscle. He improved in all areas, particularly in run defense, as he amassed playing experience.
He had 4.5 sacks and four interceptions, including a fourth-quarter interception of Dallas quarterback Tony Romo that helped the Redskins clinch the NFC East division championship in the season finale.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq