- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
- Mideast hostilities ratchet as rockets from Lebanon strike Israel
- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The backward world of Obama politics
Question of the Day
When the recession hit in the fall of 2008, I immediately instituted strict spending reforms within my family budget. Amazingly, we've adapted and have gotten along OK. The Obama administration, on the other hand, despite taking in reduced federal tax revenues, has increased spending dramatically, thus spending $1.4 trillion per year more than it has taken in and increasing the federal debt by $6 trillion in just four years.
What compounds my problem with the federal government's insatiable appetite for spending is this: Although federal spending will increase this fiscal year owing to the Obama-inspired sequestration, the rate of growth in spending is being scaled back marginally and the result is President Obama squealing over this "injustice." Only in federal government is a slight downturn in an increase in spending called a "budget cut" that warrants sky-is-falling demagoguery.
How is any hard-working taxpayer not appalled? Given the facts of the matter, how could any proactive, reasonable person be otherwise?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Get Breaking Alerts
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: America: Land of the free no more?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wage-theft by employers needs legislative remedy
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Douglass would abhor affirmative action
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's voter bloc of 'entitlement' illegals