- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
JEFF BERG SPEAKS: PLANS FOR NEW AGENCY, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT ICM
The superagent’s “Iceberg” nickname suddenly seems outdated — with $200 million in funds, a palpable exuberance and a new agency, Resolution, whose moves have rivals riveted.
KATIE COURIC TO STAFF: BIG GETS, NO PSYCHICS
Disney-ABC hires a new senior producer to help steer the daytimetalk show, which has seen ratings boosts after newsy segments like the Manti Te’o and Sue Paterno interviews.
INSIDE ADAM LEVINE’S $35 MILLION-PLUS A YEAR EMPIRE
From fading rock star to network savior, the Maroon 5 frontman shares the secrets of his multiplatform success: “I don’t lie, and that’s unusual in a world of f–ing liars.”
TV’S MIDSEASON RATINGS CATASTROPHE
With record-low debuts across the broadcast networks — unless you’ve got Kevin Bacon in “The Following” — execs are rethinking one of the calendar’s biggest launch pads.
LIONSGATE TV CHIEF ON `MAD MEN’S’ SEASON 6 SECRETS, `NASHVILLE’S’ ROUGH ROAD
Kevin Beggs talks to THR about the cable player’s push into broadcast, saying no to Matt Weiner and developing “Weeds” creator Jenji Kohan’s new Netflix series.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world