- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
JEFF BERG SPEAKS: PLANS FOR NEW AGENCY, WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AT ICM
The superagent’s “Iceberg” nickname suddenly seems outdated — with $200 million in funds, a palpable exuberance and a new agency, Resolution, whose moves have rivals riveted.
KATIE COURIC TO STAFF: BIG GETS, NO PSYCHICS
INSIDE ADAM LEVINE‘S $35 MILLION-PLUS A YEAR EMPIRE
From fading rock star to network savior, the Maroon 5 frontman shares the secrets of his multiplatform success: “I don’t lie, and that’s unusual in a world of f–ing liars.”
TV’S MIDSEASON RATINGS CATASTROPHE
With record-low debuts across the broadcast networks — unless you’ve got Kevin Bacon in “The Following” — execs are rethinking one of the calendar’s biggest launch pads.
LIONSGATE TV CHIEF ON `MAD MEN’S’ SEASON 6 SECRETS, `NASHVILLE’S’ ROUGH ROAD
Kevin Beggs talks to THR about the cable player’s push into broadcast, saying no to Matt Weiner and developing “Weeds” creator Jenji Kohan’s new Netflix series.
ALVIN LEE DIES; GUITARIST ELECTRIFIED WOODSTOCK
His band Ten Years After, whose fiery “I’m Going Home” appears in the Woodstock movie and on the album, also scored with the 1971 melodic rock classic “I’d Love to Change the World.”
KELLY PRESTON TO STAR IN ABC COMEDY `KEEP CALM AND KAREY ON’
She’ll play the title character in the family comedy co-starringJane Seymour.
`ENTOURAGE’S’ KEVIN CONNOLLY TO STAR IN CBS’ JAMES VAN DER BEEK COMEDY
He’ll play the former “Apartment 23” star’s best friend in “Friends With Better Lives.”
AL GORE SUED OVER CURRENT TV SALE TO AL JAZEERA
A $5 million lawsuit claims Gore was “adamant” about not selling his network to oil-rich Qataris but had a “change of heart,” then stiffed the man who came up with the idea for the deal.
WHAT’S BEHIND THE DISMAL WINTER AT THE BOX OFFICE
Theater stocks slide and grosses drop 15 percent as “Jack the Giant Slayer” leads a season of discontent and a glut of grim action flops leaves few studios unscathed.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again