- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Zadzooks: Crysis 3 review
Have Nanosuit will battle in latest war against the Ceph
Question of the Day
Crysis 3 is a solid adventure with plenty of eye candy and will more than satisfy the fan base of the series.
Unfortunately, the more I mindlessly killed, the more I felt less attune with the story and any empathy for Prophet. I found titles such as Far Cry 3, Dead Space 3 and the latest Tomb Raider to be a much more compelling, cinematic experiences.
Parental advice: The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) after watching the Prophet kill hordes of aliens and punctuated by plenty of blood spurting, decided to label this game “M” and that stands for mature — adults 17 years and older need only try to save Earth in Crysis 3. So don’t let your 12–year-old convince you that “it’s like Robocop meets ‘Falling Skies’ and ya get to wipe out a bunch of nasty aliens.” The game highlights plenty of crumpled bodies of humans that will also cry out in pain and aliens exploding into a mass of blue goo.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- ZADZOOKS: Guardians of the Galaxy, Drax the Destroyer review
- ZADZOOKS: Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty review
- ZADZOOKS: Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet review
- ZADZOOKS: Sniper Elite III review
- Zadzooks: Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season Six review (Blu-ray)
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world