- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Iran claims execution of spies for U.S., Israel
Question of the Day
State-run radio in Iran is reporting the nation has executed two men convicted of spying for the United States and for Israel.
Mohammad Heidari, accused of spying for Israeli’s Mossad, and Kourosh Ahmadi, accused of providing the Central Intelligence Agency with information, have been hanged, the media reported, CBS said.
The report didn’t specify when the two men were arrested or convicted, CBS reported.
Iran in the past has made announcements of discovering or executing spies for the West, though the reports are rarely confirmed by independent media, CBS reported. Tehran suspects the West of spying on its nuclear development program. Iran steadfastly has maintained that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only, while the West and the United Nations says the country is actively pursuing nuclear weapon capability.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Federal judge angered by Hobby Lobby decision tells Supreme Court to 'stfu'
- Israel kicks off massive assault on Hamas: 'We're taking this to the next step'
- Obama takes up pen, paper to fight for Israeli-Palestinian peace
- Dinesh D'Souza book yanked from Costco shelves
- Mafia reacts to Church boot by bowing Virgin Mary before mob boss's home
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- CURL: Obama turning millennials into Republicans
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener