- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Fairfax police investigate series of 10 burglaries in 24 hours
A series of 10 burglaries in one day are being investigated by Fairfax County police.
Police said the burglaries happened in McLean between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Friday on Strata Street, Sawyer Place, Barbee Street, Powhatan Street, Wise Street, Poole Lane, Dalmation Drive, and Mulroy Street.
The homes are all less than 2 miles apart, and some are separated by blocks.
Police said jewelry, cash and electronics were stolen, and each home showed forced entry. Police said they were investigating whether the burglaries were related to other burglaries in the area.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early snowfall changes to sleet in D.C. area
- Alcohol a factor in fatal Montgomery County car crash: Police
- Blast of winter weather heads to D.C. area
- Va. attorney general vote recount, some by hand, to get started Dec. 16
- Wal-Mart opening its doors in D.C.
Latest Blog Entries
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!