- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Darn right’ we’ll run on Obamacare in 2014
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Florida Democart, said Thursday that there’s no doubt Democrats will successfully run on Obamacare in the 2014 midterm elections, despite the dismally small number of enrollments that have been revealed this week, National Review Online first reported.
Responding to Karl Rove’s earlier remarks that Obamacare undoubtedly will help Republicans next year, Mrs. Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said on CNN that Terry McAuliffe’s victory in Virginia’s gubernatorial race last week is proof that Obamacare can be a successful campaign platform.
“You’re darn right that our candidates are going to run on the advantage that Obamacare will be going into the 2014 election. The choice will be very clear,” she said.
“What I hear you saying is, ‘Bring it on, Karl Rove,’” a CNN host joked.
“Darn right. Darn right,” Mrs. Wasserman Schultz responded. “I’m ready. We’ll be ready.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.