- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: ‘Darn right’ we’ll run on Obamacare in 2014
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Florida Democart, said Thursday that there’s no doubt Democrats will successfully run on Obamacare in the 2014 midterm elections, despite the dismally small number of enrollments that have been revealed this week, National Review Online first reported.
Responding to Karl Rove’s earlier remarks that Obamacare undoubtedly will help Republicans next year, Mrs. Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said on CNN that Terry McAuliffe’s victory in Virginia’s gubernatorial race last week is proof that Obamacare can be a successful campaign platform.
“You’re darn right that our candidates are going to run on the advantage that Obamacare will be going into the 2014 election. The choice will be very clear,” she said.
“What I hear you saying is, ‘Bring it on, Karl Rove,’” a CNN host joked.
“Darn right. Darn right,” Mrs. Wasserman Schultz responded. “I’m ready. We’ll be ready.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Richard Gere mistaken for homeless man, given bag of food
- Putin calls Internet 'CIA project' that must be controlled
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- U.S. 'deeply concerned' with Vice reporter's kidnapping in Ukraine
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014