- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Living the White House life: First family takes in golf, college basketball
The president and first family stepped away from the mounting pressures from the Obamacare fiasco on Sunday, heading out for a full day of sporting events that began with golf and finished with basketball.
Mr. Obama first took in a round of golf at the Joint Base Andrews course with trip director Marvin Nicholson, his brother Walt Nicholson and office official Joe Paulsen, United Press International reported.
The president then joined his wife, Michelle, and daughters, Sasha and Malia, at Comcast Center on the University of Maryland’s College Park campus for the Maryland-Oregon State basketball game. Mrs. Obama’s brother, Craig Robinson, coaches the Oregon State Beavers.
The first family was treated like royalty, drawing huge applause from the crowd as they sat in their first-row seats behind Oregon’s bench, UPI reported.
During a timeout, a bunch of students held up signs with massive letters that spelled out an invitation.
“OBAMAS, WILL YOU COME TO TERPTHON?” Terpthon is a 12-hour dance marathon that gives its proceeds to the Children’s National Health System. The event is set for March 8.
Oregon State won the game, 90-83.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Military urged to stay away from National Day of Prayer event
- Ole Miss fraternity shut after 3 accused of tying noose on statue of black student
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists' try to erect 'reason station' at city hall
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act — then promotes on Twitter
- Ben Carson presidential PAC outpaces Hillary, GOP
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.