- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
China demands U.S. butt out of island dispute with Japan
Question of the Day
The warning comes just after China created an “Air Defense Identification Zone” that it claims is simply an early warning system, aimed at defending itself in case of attack.
But the zone drew a sharp rebuke from the United States – the closest ally of Japan, CNN said. Specifically, the United States said the zone would lead to “misunderstanding and miscalculations,” CNN said, citing Secretary of State John Kerry.
China called the U.S. remarks as unwarranted, and intrusive.
The United States’ criticism of the new zone is “completely unreasonable,” and constitutes “inappropriate remarks,” said China’s Col. Yang Yujun, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Defense. He also demanded the United States quit making “irresponsible remarks,” CNN reported.
Meanwhile, the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has filed a complaint with U.S. Ambassador Gary Locke, asking for the United States “to correct its mistakes immediately,” CNN said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world