- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Hooters party plan does in Oregon middle school football coach
PORTLAND, Ore. — A Portland, Ore.-area middle school football coach who said he was willing to lose his job rather than back down from plans for a team party at Hooters has lost his job.
The athletic director for the Corbett School District, Jean-Paul Soulagnet, sent a letter to parents Monday night telling them the end-of-season awards party at Hooters was no longer a Corbett Middle School event.
Burbach told KGW-TV he would not bow to pressure to move the party, because he always told his boys to stand up for what they believe in.
The restaurant bills itself as “delightfully tacky,” and its waitresses wear skimpy outfits.
“I asked him to change it because I want the kids to enjoy their season,” Soulagnet said Tuesday. “If there are one or two kids not going to come because they’re not comfortable or their parents are not comfortable, then we need to change it.”
Soulagnet said “three or four” families complained about the location.
Burbach did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press on Tuesday morning.
“I think there are better locations,” Soulagnet said. “The restaurant, it’s good food, but I don’t think it sends a message that we want to our young men.”
“Hooters is known worldwide for a number of things,” Soulagnet said, “and I don’t think food is one of them.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.