- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
L.A. airport rocked by second dry ice blast in 2 days
For the second time in two days, an explosion due to dry ice rocked Los Angeles International Airport.
The explosion late Monday evening took place at the Tom Bradley International Terminal. Nobody was injured, authorities reported to the Los Angeles Times. But damage estimates are not yet known.
Investigators, however, aren’t considering the blast to be connected to any terror plot. Det. Gus Villanueva said officials didn’t even call the airport to give a warning of any such threat, leaving open the ability for flights to continue without delay. A specially trained bomb squad was dispatched to the area, however, and criminal conspiracy division officers with the Los Angeles Police Department were called to investigate, the Los Angeles Times said.
Still, law enforcement officials remain on alert. On Sunday evening, an employee bathroom area was hit by an explosion. Investigators found that somebody had set a plastic bottle filled with dry ice inside Terminal 2 at the port — and that blast led to a four-hour flight delay, to allow police to conduct extra security screenings.
So far, police haven’t arrested anybody in either case.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — 'recreational destruction'
- Lawmakers rail against Air Force rules on religious expression
- Obama family gifts, 2013 -- $1,500 to church; $3K for black causes
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: 'None of your business'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.