- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Bloomberg’s worst nightmare: Gunmaker releases ‘New York Compliant’ AR-15
Question of the Day
Anti-gun activist and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg probably won’t be thrilled with this idea: Gun manufacturer Black Rain Ordnance Inc. has released a “New York Compliant” AR-15.
“With the continual trampling of the 2nd Amendment in New York, Black Rain Ordnance is proud to announce their ‘New York Compliant’ rifles,” precision firearms manufacturer based out of Missouri declared on its website. “These rifles feature all of the quality and craftsmanship of the standard BRO-lines, but with the added features that allow for legal possession.”
The rifle has a fixed stock, no pistol grip, a non-threaded muzzle, the absence of a bayonet lug and other features that make it range ready for New York.
“From the beginning, we acquired the best machinists to manufacture the finest receivers possible,” the gun manufacturer says on its Facebook page. “We strive to use only American metal, [and] it is important to us to ensure that all products carrying our Bio-Hazard logo are made in America by American workers.”
Just Right Carbines and H&H Firearms are churning out modified rifles or in the process of doing so, The Blaze reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- Gen. Martin Dempsey: U.S. viewing decades-old Russian readiness plan
- Pentagon official: Syrian terrorism 'probably the number one threat' to U.S.
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq