- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
Larry King: I’ve ‘never seen a bias off the air or on’
“I’ve never seen anyone say, let’s go get this person today, let’s really ram it into him,” he went on. “I’ve never seen it. If a Democrat or Republican commits some horrendous story, the story will run, the networks will cover. I have never seen anyone at CNN ever say, boy, here’s how we’re going to deal with this today to put this guy down and elevate this guy up. I’ve never seen it.”
Mr. King said he’s not even seen any bias at big partisan political events — like conventions.
“I’ve covered every convention since 1960,” he said, Newsmax reported. “I’ve never gone to a convention with a built-in bias. … It’s the truth. It’s not a feeling. It’s not an opinion … it’s my experience.”
“MSNBC is liberal. Fox is conservative. They both make no bones about it,” Mr. King said, in Newsmax. “I would not call them the place to get great information. You get information, but they’re preaching to the choir. CNN is in the middle. When a big story breaks, CNN gets viewers, but you don’t get a big story every day.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent 'scared'
- Russia accused of sinking own cruiser to block Ukrainian navy
- Pope Francis: I snatched a cross from my confessor's corpse
- Suspected serial killer may be loose near Washington, D.C.
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again