- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Obama to Charles Barkley: I’m cool with the term ‘Obamacare’
Question of the Day
President Obama says he’s OK with the term “Obamacare” to describe his signature, yet controversial, health care law.
“I like it, I don’t mind it,” he said in a wide-ranging with former NBA great Charles Barkley. “And I’ll tell you, five years from now, when everybody’s saying, ‘Man, I’m sure glad we got health care,’ there’s going to be a whole lot of people who don’t call it Obamacare anymore because they don’t want me to get the credit.”
Mr. Obama called on young people, a healthier demographic needed to make the economics of the law work, to sign up for coverage on the Obamacare marketplace by the close of open enrollment on March 31.
“You don’t know what life will throw at ya’,” he told Mr. Barkley on the TNT network. “And sometimes people don’t recognize, particularly young people, how important it is to have coverage until you get sick, and you realize you may lose everything you have, or your parents may lose everything they have, trying to make you well.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- New Democratic caucus will pressure GOP governors to expand Medicaid
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
- Insurers cough up refunds to subscribers under Obamacare ‘80-20 rule’
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq