- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
Question of the Day
Has it been that long already?
The terrorist attack on the American diplomatic mission at Benghazi took place exactly 18 months ago on Tuesday, March 11 - which is also the publication date for a new book parsing the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence report that reviewed events that led to the deaths of four Americans.
In “The Benghazi Report,” Roger Stone, a veteran Republican strategist, reviews the Senate report itself and ultimately concludes that then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama should be held “personally accountable” in the matter. The terse book from Skyhorse Publishing is 96 pages long.
“Americans need to know the truly story of the attacks in Benghazi because they show that Hillary Clinton does not have the judgement, experience of honesty to be president,” Mr. Stone tells The Watercooler. “This is the report Hillary Clinton doesn’t want you to read.”
But there is an account she wants everybody to read.
Mrs. Clinton has a yet-to-be titled memoir of her own due from Simon & Schuster on June 1, described by the publisher as her “candid reflections about the key moments during her time as Secretary of State, as well as her thoughts abut how to navigate the 21st century.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: The Ben Carson surge continues
- An exercise in journalism: Climate change, a tempest, and one F-bomb
- Paying attention: 85 percent of wary Americans take immigration 'personally'
- Ron Paul giving away a Colt AR-15 in the name of 'freedom'
- John Bolton endorses Scott Brown, the newest 'national security candidate'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy