- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
BRUCE: Politicians’ arrests show natural match of liberalism and corruption
Pols with no respect for American values easily disregard the law
Question of the Day
Whether it be President Obama or Democratic lawmakers at all other levels of government, it’s becoming more apparent that malevolence and corruption are at the core of what drives liberal politicians.
In the past few days we’ve been bombarded with news of several Democratic lawmakers being arrested on corruption charges while Mr. Obama continues his bizarre mission to make the United States appear weak and confused in the international arena.
With the president embarrassing us in Europe and the first lady spending millions of taxpayer dollars in China on what is obviously another private vacation, Democrats have been getting arrested here at home.
California state Sen. Leland Yee, an outspoken advocate for gun control, has been indicted on charges of arms trafficking and public corruption.
Illinois state Rep. Keith Farnham, a Democrat, has resigned after it was revealed he is being investigated for child pornography. Pennsylvania state Sen. Leanna Washington has been ordered to stand trial on corruption charges. The FBI and Internal Revenue Service have raided the home and office of Rhode Island House Speaker Gordon Fox, a Democrat, in a “criminal investigation.” Patrick Cannon, the Democratic mayor of Charlotte, N.C., has been arrested by the FBI, and faces federal charges of theft and bribery.
For years now, it has become obvious that politicians are no longer the best of society or the accomplished individuals the Founders expected would be drawn to public service. Instead, lawmakers, in charge of our lives and protecting the free world, are tending to be the worst of society.
This is no surprise, however, in what is becoming a one-party system. I’m not speaking of Democrats and Republicans per se, but of liberalism controlling the political landscape in both parties.
Believing that big, nanny-state government is the solution, you must also believe the average citizen cannot control his own life, that government is the only answer for a nation of what lawmakers see as drooling, incompetent infants.
Politicians’ contempt for the citizen is illustrated every time they exempt themselves from the laws they create for us. They are above the law in their own minds; ergo, better than everyone else.
Contempt for the citizenry grows, and a surveillance state is put into place to ostensibly protect us from ourselves. In truth, it exposes the distrust and contempt the lawmakers hold for “regular” people.
Once liberal lawmakers control pretty much everything, there’s no challenge at all to ongoing criminal and unconstitutional behavior. After all, why stop? Laws are for the “little people.”
And no, the feds finally arresting corrupt Democrats is not a sign of progress. This is likely the tip of the iceberg, and arguably an action by a highly politicized Department of Justice in an election year, when polls are showing that the American people have had enough of the Obama regime’s behavior.
Republicans are complicit in this dangerous decline. There have been no consequences for the IRS or National Security Agency crises, and Mr. Obama is never challenged on what is arguably at least unconstitutional actions with his capricious and autocratic changing of Obamacare.
Mr. Obama’s latest bizarre action? At a news conference at The Hague while answering a question about Russia’s potential threat to the United States, he actually stated, “I continue to be much more concerned, when it comes to our security, with the prospect of a nuclear weapon going off in Manhattan.”
That answer, in and of itself, is remarkable. Here the president of the United States openly expresses doubt that we have secured the city of New York, the No. 1 terrorist target in the world.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional