- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
BRUCE: Politicians’ arrests show natural match of liberalism and corruption
Pols with no respect for American values easily disregard the law
Question of the Day
Whether it be President Obama or Democratic lawmakers at all other levels of government, it’s becoming more apparent that malevolence and corruption are at the core of what drives liberal politicians.
In the past few days we’ve been bombarded with news of several Democratic lawmakers being arrested on corruption charges while Mr. Obama continues his bizarre mission to make the United States appear weak and confused in the international arena.
With the president embarrassing us in Europe and the first lady spending millions of taxpayer dollars in China on what is obviously another private vacation, Democrats have been getting arrested here at home.
California state Sen. Leland Yee, an outspoken advocate for gun control, has been indicted on charges of arms trafficking and public corruption.
Illinois state Rep. Keith Farnham, a Democrat, has resigned after it was revealed he is being investigated for child pornography. Pennsylvania state Sen. Leanna Washington has been ordered to stand trial on corruption charges. The FBI and Internal Revenue Service have raided the home and office of Rhode Island House Speaker Gordon Fox, a Democrat, in a “criminal investigation.” Patrick Cannon, the Democratic mayor of Charlotte, N.C., has been arrested by the FBI, and faces federal charges of theft and bribery.
For years now, it has become obvious that politicians are no longer the best of society or the accomplished individuals the Founders expected would be drawn to public service. Instead, lawmakers, in charge of our lives and protecting the free world, are tending to be the worst of society.
This is no surprise, however, in what is becoming a one-party system. I’m not speaking of Democrats and Republicans per se, but of liberalism controlling the political landscape in both parties.
Believing that big, nanny-state government is the solution, you must also believe the average citizen cannot control his own life, that government is the only answer for a nation of what lawmakers see as drooling, incompetent infants.
Politicians’ contempt for the citizen is illustrated every time they exempt themselves from the laws they create for us. They are above the law in their own minds; ergo, better than everyone else.
Contempt for the citizenry grows, and a surveillance state is put into place to ostensibly protect us from ourselves. In truth, it exposes the distrust and contempt the lawmakers hold for “regular” people.
Once liberal lawmakers control pretty much everything, there’s no challenge at all to ongoing criminal and unconstitutional behavior. After all, why stop? Laws are for the “little people.”
And no, the feds finally arresting corrupt Democrats is not a sign of progress. This is likely the tip of the iceberg, and arguably an action by a highly politicized Department of Justice in an election year, when polls are showing that the American people have had enough of the Obama regime’s behavior.
Republicans are complicit in this dangerous decline. There have been no consequences for the IRS or National Security Agency crises, and Mr. Obama is never challenged on what is arguably at least unconstitutional actions with his capricious and autocratic changing of Obamacare.
Mr. Obama’s latest bizarre action? At a news conference at The Hague while answering a question about Russia’s potential threat to the United States, he actually stated, “I continue to be much more concerned, when it comes to our security, with the prospect of a nuclear weapon going off in Manhattan.”
That answer, in and of itself, is remarkable. Here the president of the United States openly expresses doubt that we have secured the city of New York, the No. 1 terrorist target in the world.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama