- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto rock Prada’s show
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Upstaging a Louis Vuitton show is hard, but somehow Miuccia Prada managed it, thanks to Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto.
The Oscar winning pair - whose exact relationship is the subject of speculation - were both invited by the Italian designer to attend her plastic-wrapped fall-winter Miu Miu show in Paris.
And if that wasn’t enough attention-grabbing, Nyong’o had to move seats in order to fit a tardy Rihanna in a fur leather jacket in the Miu Miu front row.
Meanwhile, former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquiere gave an admirable debut at Louis Vuitton attended by Princess Charlene of Monaco, Catherine Deneuve and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
But the ghost of Marc Jacobs’ Louis Vuitton past lurked.
Here are details about the last day of the ready-to-wear shows.
LUPITA NYONG’O AND JARED LETO ATTEND PRADA’S MIU MIU SHOW
Even before Jared Leto thanked “my future ex-wife Lupita” in a speech at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, there’s been speculation that he and fellow supporting role Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o have been an item.
The “12 Years a Slave” actress has laughed it off - most notably on The Ellen Show - but has not denied it.
Now, to further fan the flames, both stars were at Paris’ Miu Miu show at the same time - and both nursing jet lag.
Nyong’o, who said she “really liked the show,” looked radiant in a clean Miu Miu jacket with an off-white sparkling embroidered collar.
But Leto wore shades and admitted he was exhausted.
“But it’s the best kind of tired you could ever imagine,” he said, avoiding comment on the relationship rumors.
MIU MIU’S SPORTY PLASTIC WRAP
With a pinch of irony, Senora Prada wrapped the entire show venue - Paris’ Environmental Council - in non-biodegradable plastic.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq