- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto rock Prada’s show
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Upstaging a Louis Vuitton show is hard, but somehow Miuccia Prada managed it, thanks to Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto.
The Oscar winning pair - whose exact relationship is the subject of speculation - were both invited by the Italian designer to attend her plastic-wrapped fall-winter Miu Miu show in Paris.
And if that wasn’t enough attention-grabbing, Nyong’o had to move seats in order to fit a tardy Rihanna in a fur leather jacket in the Miu Miu front row.
Meanwhile, former Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquiere gave an admirable debut at Louis Vuitton attended by Princess Charlene of Monaco, Catherine Deneuve and Charlotte Gainsbourg.
But the ghost of Marc Jacobs’ Louis Vuitton past lurked.
Here are details about the last day of the ready-to-wear shows.
LUPITA NYONG’O AND JARED LETO ATTEND PRADA’S MIU MIU SHOW
Even before Jared Leto thanked “my future ex-wife Lupita” in a speech at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday, there’s been speculation that he and fellow supporting role Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o have been an item.
The “12 Years a Slave” actress has laughed it off - most notably on The Ellen Show - but has not denied it.
Now, to further fan the flames, both stars were at Paris’ Miu Miu show at the same time - and both nursing jet lag.
Nyong’o, who said she “really liked the show,” looked radiant in a clean Miu Miu jacket with an off-white sparkling embroidered collar.
But Leto wore shades and admitted he was exhausted.
“But it’s the best kind of tired you could ever imagine,” he said, avoiding comment on the relationship rumors.
MIU MIU’S SPORTY PLASTIC WRAP
With a pinch of irony, Senora Prada wrapped the entire show venue - Paris’ Environmental Council - in non-biodegradable plastic.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors