- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Help! France to deploy cops from China to protect tourists, deter crime
Question of the Day
French authorities have turned to Chinese police to help them protect tourist hot spots in the nation.
France’s interior ministry announced Tuesday that the Chinese cops would be working in conjunction with the nation’s own law enforcement agencies to better protect Chinese tourists, Agence France-Presse reported.
The move comes after a rash of muggings perpetrated against Chinese tourists last year, AFP reported. The exact number of Chinese cops that would be patrolling French streets was not disclosed.
More than one million Chinese tourists visit the European nation each year.
Paris authorities also dispatched about 3,000 “polite police” and a “politeness manual” to rid the nation’s intercity trains of bad manners last year.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
- Chinese hackers stole 'huge quantities' of sensitive data on Israel's Iron Dome
- C-130 lands at Ramstein Air Force Base with dead boy in wheel well
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world