- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - American Bird Conservancy
American Bird Conservancy (www.abcbirds.org) was founded in 1994 and is the only non-profit organization that works solely to conserve native wild birds and their habitats throughout the Americas. ABC acts to safeguard the rarest birds, conserve habitat for declining species, eliminate threats to bird populations, develop innovative solutions to conservation problems, and to build capacity in the bird conservation movement. ABC tracks all bird issues, responds rapidly to the highest conservation priorities, and works constructively with stakeholders to seek win-win solutions that will be effective in the long term. ABC takes a flexible approach to problem solving, and its programs range from land purchase and restoration to advocacy and education. ABC is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit membership organization that is consistently awarded a top, four-star rating by the independent group, Charity Navigator. ABC advances bird conservation through direct action and by finding and engaging the people and groups needed to succeed, regardless of their political, economic, or social point of view. ABC seeks innovative, fair solutions to difficult issues and aspires to lead bird conservation by analyzing issues using the best available science; facilitating networks and partnerships; sharing information; developing and implementing collaborative strategies; and establishing measurable outputs. - Source: Wikipedia
A group of birding enthusiasts hopes a decision to halt plans for a wind turbine at an Ohio National Guard base will send a message to developers proposing other wind power projects along Lake Erie.
A group of birding enthusiasts is threatening to sue the Ohio National Guard over plans to build a wind turbine along Lake Erie because they are concerned it will endanger migrating birds and eagles.