- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Broward County Sheriff'S Office
Dozens of Spirit Airlines passengers scheduled for takeoff Wednesday had to camp out for hours on the floors of Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport until Thursday morning because of delayed flights due to voluntary engine inspections, CNN reported.
Law enforcement agencies in several Florida counties have joined forces to plot a course of action in case George Zimmerman's murder trial wraps with a not-guilty verdict and outraged members of the public become violent.
The winner of a roach-eating contest in South Florida died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms, authorities said Monday.
Health officials say the number of people sickened by a deadly meningitis outbreak has now reached 105.
Authorities say a plane about to take off from a South Florida airport was returned to the gate after a passenger found a bomb threat scribbled in a magazine.
Military officials say an investigation is under way after two U.S. Navy helicopters dipped temporarily into the waters of Lake Tahoe, before righting themselves and landing at a nearby airport.