- New budget accord saves $23B — after $65B spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Buzz Peterson
Last year, in the first game of Mark Turgeon's first season at Maryland, he shook hands with counterpart Buzz Peterson of UNC Wilmington.
Back when they were at North Carolina, Davis Love III and Buzz Peterson would bring Peterson's roommate along whenever they'd go play golf.
UNC Wilmington coach Buzz Peterson was scouring game film last week when he came upon George Mason's strong, dogged point guard who barely made a difference as a freshman.
"He's done a great job," Peterson said.