- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Topic - Dave Heineman
Nebraska lawmakers finished their session on Thursday having passed major legislation to lower taxes, reduce prison crowding and pay for water conservation projects.
Lawmakers made good strides this year in passing millions of dollars in tax cuts, but Nebraska's next governor and Legislature can still do more when a new session begins next year, Gov. Dave Heineman said Wednesday.
Gov. Dave Heineman is encouraging all Nebraskans to volunteer next week.
Nebraska is on the cusp of joining forces with Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas to help fight rural wildfires.
A judicial nominating commission has forwarded the names of two nominees to fill a vacant central Nebraska county court judgeship to Gov. Dave Heineman for his consideration.
Nebraska will send state intervention teams into poorly performing schools, under a bill signed into law.
Gov. Dave Heineman has vetoed a bill that would require Nebraska to apply for federal funding for in-home care services for the elderly.
Nebraska lawmakers failed for a second time Thursday to override Gov. Dave Heineman's veto of a bill that would ban mountain lion hunting.
Supporters of a bill that would outlaw mountain lion hunting in Nebraska have failed to override Gov. Dave Heineman's veto.
Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman announced Wednesday that he will sign tax relief bills into law this year totaling more than $412 million over the next five years.
Nebraska lawmakers voted Tuesday to override Gov. Dave Heineman's vetoes of state budget items, including funding for courtyard fountains and a new heating system at the Capitol.
Gov. Dave Heineman and Secretary of State John Gale said Monday that a measure seeking to change how Nebraska awards its electoral votes would weaken the state's voice in the election process.
Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman on Saturday struck $65 million from this year's state budget and called on lawmakers to use some of the money for more property tax relief.
Gov. Dave Heineman vetoed a bill Friday that would outlaw mountain lion hunting in Nebraska, saying the state agency that regulates hunting should have the power to manage the animal's population. He also expressed concern that the bill could be unconstitutional.
Grand Island leaders haven't given up on retaining the state veterans home instead of seeing the state build a replacement in Kearney.
Gov. Dave Heineman announced the winners on Friday.
"Nebraska is on the move, and we need to maintain that economic momentum," he said.