- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Dave Kopel
Colorado Democratic legislators are passing a hail of new anti-gun laws that prevent the most vulnerable from defending themselves in places often targeted by rapists and mass killers. Similar bills are being rolled out by Democratic legislators in other states, headed to Congress.
David Kopel's Wednesday Commentary column, "Sotomayor targets guns now," is, unfortunately, an exercise in futility.
Attorney David Kopel, who serves as research director of the Independence Institute in Denver, said the bills violate the second and fourteenth amendments of the Constitution, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
he said that can't be because of gun laws, which have not become more lax in that period, nor is it because of large-capacity magazines, which have been around for decades.