- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Dave Kopel
Colorado Democratic legislators are passing a hail of new anti-gun laws that prevent the most vulnerable from defending themselves in places often targeted by rapists and mass killers. Similar bills are being rolled out by Democratic legislators in other states, headed to Congress.
David Kopel's Wednesday Commentary column, "Sotomayor targets guns now," is, unfortunately, an exercise in futility.
Attorney David Kopel, who serves as research director of the Independence Institute in Denver, said the bills violate the second and fourteenth amendments of the Constitution, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
he said that can't be because of gun laws, which have not become more lax in that period, nor is it because of large-capacity magazines, which have been around for decades.