- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Edwin Jackson
Edwin Jackson allowed three runs and four hits in three innings for the Cubs while Carlos Carrasco struck out six of his 12 batters in leading the Cleveland Indians over a Chicago split-squad 7-2 Friday.
Mike Moustakas homered twice, Eric Hosmer added three hits and the Kansas City Royals beat the Chicago Cubs 5-3 on Sunday.
A split-squad game between the Chicago Cubs and Arizona Diamondbacks was canceled Saturday night because of lightning and heavy rain.
Edwin Jackson's first season with the Chicago Cubs was a dud.
Doug Fister had to turn right instead of left while leaving the Orlando airport. His spring training home is no longer in Lakeland with the Detroit Tigers to the west, but rather eastward near the Atlantic Ocean with the Washington Nationals.
Mike Rizzo was asked Tuesday morning about his interest in Grant Balfour, and the Nationals GM didn't shoot down the rumor.
The Cubs have young talent any team would covet, but will their prospects finally emerge? This could be the year.
Are the Nats really finished making big moves? The same Nationals, led by Mike Rizzo, have pulled off late offseason surprises in previous years.
Lincecum has won two Cy Young Awards and two World Series rings. Now he has something really remarkable — a no-hitter in which he threw a whopping career-high 148 pitches.
As it turns out, he's fine. Bad day, bad reaction, sure. But if what happened that day helped make Strasburg a better pitcher, a tougher pitcher, May 11 may ultimately go down as one of the team's best days of the season.
Jeff Samardzija will be the opening-day starter for the Chicago Cubs, who said Matt Garza will start the season on the disabled list because of an injured muscle in his side that is preventing the right-hander from throwing.
The Detroit Tigers have agreed to a one-year, $6,725,000 contract with right-hander Max Scherzer and avoided salary arbitration.
The Chicago Cubs have agreed to a four-year, $52 million contract with right-hander Edwin Jackson, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Thursday.
I don't feel all that badly about the Nationals' horrific loss to the Cardinals in Game 5 of their National League Division Series. No, really.
The crowd lets out a roar as the national anthem ends at Nationals Park, and the hope is that it will not be the last significant one of the day heard by Washington's embattled baseball team.
"Today was a fastball day," Jackson said. "We are at a time in spring training where we kind of have the luxury to go out and do something like that."
"The park plays bigger than you expect more times than not," he said. "You can catch an unfortunate day when the wind is blowing out. But for the most part, it plays big."