- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Jared
The widow of a slain Ogden police officer is launching a support group for spouses and families of other Utah officers killed in the line of duty.
Rep. Jared Polis said Friday the key problem with health care right now is that illegal immigrants aren't included in Obamacare, and said part of the solution is to pass a bill granting them citizenship rights.
An Iowa couple with Mennonite beliefs has filed a countersuit against the Civil Rights Commission, claiming the state agency has no right to force them to host a gay marriage event.
Years from now, when its core audience of tweens has grown up, this bizarrely misconceived sci-fi romance will be gleefully ridiculed in dorm rooms and group houses. It will inspire drinking games. Its central narrative technique will go down forever as a cinematic “don’t.”
Dozens of students battled one another at a high school Wednesday in a racially motivated brawl between black and Hispanic students that left two injured and three under arrest, authorities said.
It's 3 a.m. Downstairs, kitchen cabinets are banging, someone is giggling, and there's the unmistakable ding of a microwave at work. Time was, Ellie Kirschenbaum would have stormed down the steps and given her children a piece of her mind. She doesn't do that these days, however, because she's not dealing with teenagers anymore; her son, Jared, and daughter, Amie, are 29 and 25, respectively.
It's hard to even recall how bleak things were at Ohio State seven years ago when Thad Matta took over as head basketball coach.
He said the solution is to pass House Democrats' bill, which would grant a long-term pathway to citizenship for most illegal immigrants.
"American citizens are essentially being forced to pay for the health care costs of people who are here illegally every day, until we pass comprehensive immigration reform," he said. "We're wondering why rates are going up. … It's no surprise. When somebody doesn't have insurance, their costs are shifted onto other people that do."