- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Cooke
Magpul Industries joined 54 Colorado county sheriffs Friday in filing a federal lawsuit against the state's recently signed gun-control bills.
Thirty-seven of Colorado's 62 elected sheriffs are banding together for a lawsuit against the state's tight new gun restrictions.
Larry Pratt, the executive director of the gun rights group Gun Owners of America, welcomed the idea of a local sheriff defying federal agents who try to come in and enforce new gun controls, saying that "we would immediately fly out and have a banquet in his honor."
At least two Colorado sheriffs say they will not enforce new gun regulations passed by the Democrat-dominated Legislature last week, if the governor signs them into law.
WINDSOR, Colo. (AP) - Tornadoes touched down in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming yesterday, damaging buildings, flipping vehicles and killing at least one person.
WINDSOR, Colo. (AP) — Tornadoes touched down in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming today, damaging buildings, flipping vehicles and killing at least one person.
"When the legislators passed these laws, I think they fully expected us to lay down, roll over and surrender — well, let me tell you, that ain't gonna happen," said Weld County Sheriff John Cooke. "These laws are unconstitutional. These laws are unenforceable. These laws hinder our rights. They are knee-jerk reactions. So therefore, since they're unenforceable, I will not enforce them."