- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - John Cooke
Magpul Industries joined 54 Colorado county sheriffs Friday in filing a federal lawsuit against the state's recently signed gun-control bills.
Thirty-seven of Colorado's 62 elected sheriffs are banding together for a lawsuit against the state's tight new gun restrictions.
Larry Pratt, the executive director of the gun rights group Gun Owners of America, welcomed the idea of a local sheriff defying federal agents who try to come in and enforce new gun controls, saying that "we would immediately fly out and have a banquet in his honor."
At least two Colorado sheriffs say they will not enforce new gun regulations passed by the Democrat-dominated Legislature last week, if the governor signs them into law.
WINDSOR, Colo. (AP) - Tornadoes touched down in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming yesterday, damaging buildings, flipping vehicles and killing at least one person.
WINDSOR, Colo. (AP) — Tornadoes touched down in northern Colorado and southern Wyoming today, damaging buildings, flipping vehicles and killing at least one person.
"When the legislators passed these laws, I think they fully expected us to lay down, roll over and surrender — well, let me tell you, that ain't gonna happen," said Weld County Sheriff John Cooke. "These laws are unconstitutional. These laws are unenforceable. These laws hinder our rights. They are knee-jerk reactions. So therefore, since they're unenforceable, I will not enforce them."