- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Mr. Hall
The Washington Monument will reopen to the public in May after three years of repairs prompted by a 2011 earthquake, National Park Service officials said Thursday.
A "Chakalaka" experience awaits the audience when musician Ellis Hall brings his "big old box of crayons" to the Kennedy Center for a festive New Year's Eve concert of soul, R&B and Motown memories. He will share the stage with conductor Steven Reineke and the National Symphony Orchestra.
A lawyer urged a Prince George's County judge on Tuesday to order Gov. Martin O'Malley to appoint a businessman to a seat in the Maryland House of Delegates, but an attorney for the governor said it was up to Mr. O'Malley to make the final call on the appointment — not the county's Democratic central committee.
The Prince George's County man chosen to replace former Maryland Delegate Tiffany Alston is still in line to take her place after state officials on Tuesday ruled her seat to be vacant and a county committee declined to act on the governor's request to withdraw his appointment.