- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Mr. Hall
The Washington Monument will reopen to the public in May after three years of repairs prompted by a 2011 earthquake, National Park Service officials said Thursday.
A "Chakalaka" experience awaits the audience when musician Ellis Hall brings his "big old box of crayons" to the Kennedy Center for a festive New Year's Eve concert of soul, R&B and Motown memories. He will share the stage with conductor Steven Reineke and the National Symphony Orchestra.
A lawyer urged a Prince George's County judge on Tuesday to order Gov. Martin O'Malley to appoint a businessman to a seat in the Maryland House of Delegates, but an attorney for the governor said it was up to Mr. O'Malley to make the final call on the appointment — not the county's Democratic central committee.
The Prince George's County man chosen to replace former Maryland Delegate Tiffany Alston is still in line to take her place after state officials on Tuesday ruled her seat to be vacant and a county committee declined to act on the governor's request to withdraw his appointment.