- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Open Society
The open society is a concept originally developed by philosopher Henri Bergson and then by Austrian and British philosopher Karl Popper. In open societies, government is responsive and tolerant, and political mechanisms are transparent and flexible. - Source: Wikipedia
Recently, the ultra-left-wing magazine the American Prospect released a "special report" called "Justice for Sale" on what it considers "threats" to America's state courts. But rather than examining the true threats to our judiciary - activist judges, tort-abusing trial lawyers and the wholesale invention of new "rights" our nation's Founders never imagined - the report offers a road map of the left's campaign to seize control of our courts, if you recognize the signposts.
A human rights organization and attorneys for a Saudi man accused in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole demanded this week that Polish prosecutors investigate the terrorism suspect's detention and treatment at a CIA prison once housed in Poland.
A human rights organization and lawyers for a Saudi man accused in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole demanded Tuesday that Polish prosecutors investigate the terror suspect's detention and treatment at a CIA prison once housed in Poland.