- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Peace Corps
Several Illinois universities are among the institutions that send the most volunteers to serve in the Peace Corps.
The University of Virginia is one of the top ranking schools in the country in the production of Peace Corps volunteers.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison has the most alumni currently volunteering in the Peace Corp according to the organization's annual school rankings.
The University of Vermont has the fifth highest number of alumni serving in the Peace Corps in 2013.
The Peace Corps says the University of Washington, Western Washington University and Gonzaga are among the best places in the nation for recruiting volunteers.
For Miriam Kashia, the only way to solve a problem is to face the truth.
An estimated 300 billion plastic water bottles are discarded as litter every year around the world, 30 billion in the United States alone. When David Saiia of Mt. Lebanon taught business at Ithaca College, he took students to Ecuadoran villages for sustainable development projects and was aghast at the number of plastic bottles on hillsides and in streams and rivers.
U.S. Sen. Patrick Leahy says there's more of an "internationalist attitude" in Vermont than in other states.
HONOLULU (AP) — A Naalehu physician fluent in Marshallese is replacing a Big Island member of the state House of Representatives who resigned for personal reasons.
A well-designed "gap year" between high school and college can help students make the most of college once they get there.
Gay or lesbian domestic partners who want to serve together in the Peace Corps may start applying for assignments this summer.
The Peace Corps says it will begin accepting applications from same-sex domestic partners who want to serve together as volunteers overseas.
MSNBC's Chris Matthews blasted Marco Rubio's State of the Union rebuttal Tuesday night as "primitive" and "something you'd hear on a high school debating team."
The Girl Scouts are preparing to celebrate "World Thinking Day" in February. Parents, hold on to your pocketbooks.
They've studied in countries from Ghana to China, speak languages from Zulu to Mandarin, and count everything from West African drumming to firefighting among their talents.