- Dems’ new bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
Topic - Tom Curley
Dead men tell no tales, offer no rebuttals and provide no corroboration. So aside from potential damage to his legacy, former football coach Joe Paterno escaped further punishment for his role in the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse case. But Paterno also lost the ability to fight for his name when he died in January.
In World War II's final moments in Europe, Associated Press correspondent Edward Kennedy gave his news agency perhaps the biggest scoop in its history. He reported, a full day ahead of the competition, that the Germans had surrendered unconditionally at a former schoolhouse in Reims, France.
Former ABC News President David Westin will lead an agency created to help The Associated Press and other media companies generate more revenue by licensing news content for online use.
Jane Seagrave, chief revenue officer of The Associated Press for the past year, is leaving the news cooperative to become publisher of a weekly newspaper on Martha's Vineyard, the Vineyard Gazette.
An enforcement mechanism needs to be created to help curb unlicensed use of news on the Internet, Associated Press President and CEO Tom Curley said Thursday.
"That's the base," he said.
Curley said key news coverage areas the AP is focusing on include terrorism, the drug war along the Mexican border, elections, freedom of information and state legislative coverage.