- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Toni Morrison
On a night championing free expression and featuring speeches by Salman Rushdie, Toni Morrison and two members of the Russian protest group Pussy Riot, no one moved the audience more than the daughter of an imprisoned Chinese dissident.
The Hudson River extends like the sun from the back of Toni Morrison's house, illuminated and infinite, undimmed by an unseasonably drab spring afternoon.
Novelist Toni Morrison tells fans in Ohio she canceled plans to write a memoir because "there's a point at which your life is not interesting."
President Obama says he's a fan of two popular cable TV shows: HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and Showtime's "Homeland."
President Barack Obama says he's a fan of two popular cable TV shows: HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and Showtime's "Homeland."
Whoopi Goldberg, John Legend, Sean Combs and Serena Williams now have a place in the National Portrait Gallery in a show opening Friday, along with other leading black figures who may be lesser known.
One New Jersey lawmaker doesn't think reality TV star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is worth the $32,000 she was paid to dish her GTL _ gym, tanning, laundry _ lifestyle at Rutgers University.
Morrison, along with many British academics, have said that dividing literature up by nationality misses the point of a literary education, saying that it’s meant to be a celebration of language and insight, not patriotism.
He said they told him, "Why would we want to have a whole bunch of people who we don't know knowing our business?"