Pre-dawn store openings. Rows of shelves overstocked with marked-down items. Masses of crazed shoppers. Black Friday is still the unofficial start of the holiday retail season, but discounts starting as early as Nov. 1 have taken the edge off a normally anxious shopping day.
More Top News
- High-tech imaging part of TSA plans to improve airport security, speed passengers through lines
- Trump thanks troops, praises military progress: ‘We’re winning’ against foes
- Russian meddling in Catalonia’s secession vote seen as part of plot against NATO
- Macy’s parade rolls on with balloons, bands, security
- Nebraska’s approval of new route for Keystone XL could be oil pipeline’s death blow