German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s efforts to form a government fell apart Monday, throwing Europe’s largest economy into a political tailspin and throwing into serious doubt the future of this generation’s most dominant European politician.
More Top News
- Trump-appointed U.S. attorney opens probe of St. Louis cops’ role in protest melees
- Lerner, Paz say they fear physical harm from enraged public, want IRS testimony sealed permanently
- ‘Year of the Woman’ senators condemn sexual harassment, campaigned for Ted Kennedy
- Doug Jones, Roy Moore’s opponent in Alabama, campaigns as a political bridge-builder
- Sens. Grassley, Feinstein create ‘media event’ over Jared Kushner’s emails, his lawyer says