- The Washington Times - Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CHICAGO (AP) - NBC says it’s disappointed indicted former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich can’t go to Costa Rica to tape a reality TV show but it isn’t moving the show to the U.S. to accommodate him.

A federal judge in Chicago has denied the ousted governor’s request to leave the country to tape NBC’s “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!”

Blagojevich has pleaded not guilty to a host of federal corruption charges. His bond doesn’t let him leave the country.

Still, Blagojevich had asked to go to Costa Rica for the show, which is similar to “Survivor.”

An attorney representing Blagojevich’s brother in the corruption case says NBC had been contacted about possibly moving the show.

NBC says in a statement, “There are no plans to move the show” a U.S. location.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide