- Associated Press - Monday, November 22, 2010

DENVER (AP) - The death last month of Emmy-winning filmmaker George Hickenlooper was an accidental overdose.

The Colorado medical examiner reported Monday that the 47-year-old cousin of Colorado Gov.-elect John Hickenlooper died after taking ethanol and oxymorphone.

Los Angeles-based George Hickenlooper died Oct. 30 while in Denver for the premiere of his latest film, “Casino Jack,” starring Kevin Spacey.

George Hickenlooper won an Emmy Award in 1992 for directing the documentary “Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker’s Apocalypse.”

Other films he directed include “Factory Girl,” “Mayor of the Sunset Strip” and last year’s documentary, “Hick Town,” based on footage shot while he followed his cousin around during the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

The Denver Post reports that John Hickenlooper’s office did not comment on the finding.

___

Information from: The Denver Post, https://www.denverpost.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide