- Associated Press - Wednesday, September 22, 2010

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez has posted $7,500 bail and was released after being arraigned on criminal contempt charges.

Authorities said at the hearing Wednesday that he sent text messages to his girlfriend for seven days despite a restraining order issued in his assault case.

He was previously accused of roughing up his girlfriend’s father outside a family lounge at Citi Field.

He was told to keep away from Carlos Pena and his daughter, who is the mother of Rodriguez’s twins.

The prosecution says the text messages were “manipulative” and “angry.” The defense says they were loving and nonthreatening.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide