- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PLYMOUTH, MICH. (AP) - Prosecutors will not file charges against a Detroit Lions player who was accused of sexual misconduct by a woman during a private party at a restaurant in suburban Detroit.

The Wayne County prosecutor’s office said Tuesday there is “insufficient evidence” to persuade a jury there was a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Police in Plymouth, a suburb west of Detroit, presented the case to prosecutors last week. A 22-year-old woman said she was assaulted early on Jan. 4 while attending the party at the Ironwood Grill.

Police Chief Al Cox says a group of 10 Lions and support staff joined the party after finding that the restaurant was closed for regular business. Cox says the decision not to file charges seems appropriate.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide